A way forward : ICTs and regional sustainability
|PDF (282kB) |
pending for publisher's permission.
Administrators only | Request a copy from author
From the participatory action research we have conducted in two rural communities in Australia we suggest six factors that assist in achieving sustainability for ICT initiatives undertaken in pursuit of regional development. They include:
* Clearly specified sustainability goals;
* Leveraging micro-business enterprise development off government funded technical and human infrastructure provision, and using local industry strengths;
* Learning from global experiences whilst building on local assets;
* Finding innovative business models to capitalise on new opportunities for content and applications;
* Ensuring community involvement in deciding, planning and evaluating projects; and
* Adopting a learning approach.
Citation countsare sourced monthly fromand citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science® generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
|Item Type:||Journal Article|
|Additional Information:||The contents of this journal can be freely accessed online via the journal’s web page (see Official URL).|
|Keywords:||ICTs, participatory action research, regional sustainability|
|Subjects:||Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > TECHNOLOGY (100000) > COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGIES (100500)|
|Divisions:||Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > QUT Business School|
Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Creative Industries Faculty
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 2005 [please consult the authors]|
|Deposited On:||01 Jun 2009 16:22|
|Last Modified:||23 Apr 2012 13:52|
Repository Staff Only: item control page