The Clubcultures Reader: Readings in Popular Cultural Studies
This reader in popular cultural studies meets the need for an up-to-date collection of readings on contemporary youth cultures and youth music.
Table of Content:
Introduction: Reading Pop(ular) Cult(ural) Stud(ie)s: Steve Redhead.
Part I: Theory I:.
1. Pearls and Swine: Intellectuals and the Mass Media: Simon Frith and Jon Savage.
2. Over-the-Counter Culture: Retheorising Resistance in Popular Culture: Beverly Best.
Part II: Commentaries.
3. Organised Disorder: The Changing Space of the Record Shop: Will Straw.
4. Spatial Politics: A Gendered Sense of Place: Cressida Miles.
5. Let's All Have a Disco? Football, Popular Music and Democratisation: Adam Brown.
6. Rave Culture: Living Dream or Living Death?: Simon Reynolds.
7. Fear and Lothing in Wisconsin: Sarah Champion.
8. The House Sound of Chicago: Hillegonda Rietveld.
9. Cocaine Girls: Marek Kohn.
10. In the Supermarket of Style: Ted Polhemus.
11. Love Factory: The Sites, Practices and Media Relationships of Northern Soul: Kate Milestone.
12. DJ Culture: Dave Haslam.
Plates: Patrick Henry.
Part III: Theory II: .
13. The Post-Subculturalist: David Muggleton.
14. Reading Pop: The Press, the Scholar and the Consequences of Popular Cultural Studies: Steve Jones.
15. Re-placing Popular Culture: Lawrence Grossberg.
Citation countsare sourced monthly fromand citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science® generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
|Keywords:||YOUTH CULTURE, POPULAR MUSIC, POPULAR CULTURE|
|Divisions:||Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Creative Industries Faculty|
|Deposited On:||21 Jan 2010 17:25|
|Last Modified:||21 Jan 2010 17:25|
Repository Staff Only: item control page