Early and middle years of schooling
Pendergast, Donna & Danby, Susan J. (2011) Early and middle years of schooling. In Ashman, Adrian & Elkins, John (Eds.) Education for Inclusion and Diversity (4th ed.). Pearson, Frenchs Forest, N.S.W.
|Submitted Version (PDF 193kB) |
Administrators only | Request a copy from author
What to look for in the chapter
• how inclusion for the early and middle years offers a set of unique challenges;
• how school communities can promote inclusion for children and young adolescents;
• strategies that teachers can use to build and maintain community in early and middle years’ settings;
• factors that influence the success of teachers working with children and young adolescents in inclusive schools;
• practical measures that teachers can take, in light of these factors, to promote the success of inclusion; and
• the different responses that children in the early and middle years have to inclusion, how teachers can identify those responses, and what they can do to ensure that they are positive.
Citation countsare sourced monthly fromand citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science® generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
|Item Type:||Book Chapter|
|Additional Information:||4th edition|
|Keywords:||inclusivity, diversity, early childhood, middle years|
|Subjects:||Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > EDUCATION (130000) > EDUCATION SYSTEMS (130100) > Early Childhood Education (excl. Maori) (130102)|
Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > EDUCATION (130000) > SPECIALIST STUDIES IN EDUCATION (130300) > Special Education and Disability (130312)
|Divisions:||Current > Research Centres > Office of Education Research|
Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Faculty of Education
Past > Institutes > Institute for Creative Industries and Innovation
Current > Schools > School of Early Childhood
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 2011 Pearson|
|Deposited On:||28 Oct 2011 08:28|
|Last Modified:||07 Nov 2011 18:23|
Repository Staff Only: item control page