Social and emotional determinants of health
Parker, Elizabeth A. (2011) Social and emotional determinants of health. In Fleming, Mary Louise & Parker, Elizabeth (Eds.) Introduction to Public Health [2nd ed.]. Elsevier Australia/Churchill Livingstone, Chatswood, NSW, pp. 128-148.
|Submitted Version (PDF 76kB) |
Administrators only | Request a copy from author
- describe what is meant by socioeconomic differences in health, and the social and emotional determinants of health
- understand how health inequalities are affected by the social and economic circumstances that people experience throughout their lives
- discuss how factors such as living and working conditions, income, place and education can impact on health
- identify actions for public health policy-makers that have the potential to make a difference in improving health outcomes within populations
- appreciate the concept of social cohesion and social capital, and their role as potential protective factors in health
- understand conceptual models that can assist in analysing these issues.
Citation countsare sourced monthly fromand citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science® generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
|Item Type:||Book Chapter|
|Keywords:||socioeconomic differences , social determinants , economic determinants|
|Subjects:||Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES (110000) > PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH SERVICES (111700) > Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health (111701)|
Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES (110000) > PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH SERVICES (111700) > Epidemiology (111706)
Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES (110000) > PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH SERVICES (111700) > Health Promotion (111712)
|Divisions:||Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Faculty of Health|
Current > Schools > School of Public Health & Social Work
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 2011 Elsevier Australia|
|Deposited On:||14 Dec 2011 08:56|
|Last Modified:||18 Dec 2011 14:54|
Repository Staff Only: item control page