Defining health and public health
Fleming, MaryLou (2011) Defining health and public health. In Fleming, Mary Louise & Parker, Elizabeth (Eds.) Introduction to Public Health [2nd ed.]. Elsevier Australia/Churchill Livingstone, Chatswood, NSW, pp. 3-23.
|Submitted Version (PDF 125Kb) |
Administrators only | Request a copy from author
- define health and public health
- discuss how the concept of ‘health’ means different things to different individuals and be able to consider the range of factors that influence these definitions
- identify and describe the principles of public health
- recognise and describe how public health is defined and how each definition has shaped the development and implementation of public health approaches
- describe the relationship between public health and other disciplines
- discuss the nature and scope of public health
- describe the varying roles of the public health workforce
Citation countsare sourced monthly fromand citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
|Item Type:||Book Chapter|
|Keywords:||public health, public health workforce|
|Subjects:||Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES (110000) > PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH SERVICES (111700)|
|Divisions:||Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Faculty of Health|
Current > Schools > School of Public Health & Social Work
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 2011 Elsevier Australia|
|Deposited On:||14 Dec 2011 08:00|
|Last Modified:||18 Dec 2011 14:55|
Repository Staff Only: item control page