History and development of public health
Fleming, Mary-Lou (2011) History and development of public health. In Fleming, Mary Louise & Parker, Elizabeth (Eds.) Introduction to Public Health [2nd ed.]. Elsevier Australia/Churchill Livingstone, Chatswood, NSW, pp. 24-45.
|Submitted Version (PDF 94kB) |
Administrators only | Request a copy from author
- briefly describe the importance of public health history to contemporary public health
- briefly describe the ancient history of public health
- outline the key periods and activities in the modern history of Western public health
- describe and understand the important roles of political, social, environmental and economic factors as they impact on health
- consider the major factors that have influenced an understanding of contemporary public health in the past 40 years.
Citation countsare sourced monthly fromand citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
|Item Type:||Book Chapter|
|Keywords:||public health history|
|Subjects:||Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES (110000) > PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH SERVICES (111700)|
|Divisions:||Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Faculty of Health|
Current > Schools > School of Public Health & Social Work
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 2011 Elsevier Australia|
|Deposited On:||14 Dec 2011 08:28|
|Last Modified:||18 Dec 2011 14:55|
Repository Staff Only: item control page