Biological and environmental determinants
Fleming, MaryLou & Tenkate, Thomas D. (2011) Biological and environmental determinants. In Fleming, Mary Louise & Parker, Elizabeth (Eds.) Introduction to Public Health [2nd ed.]. Elsevier Australia/Churchill Livingstone, Chatswood NSW Australia, pp. 103-127.
|Submitted Version (PDF 142kB) |
Administrators only | Request a copy from author
- describe the complex web of determinants as part of broad causal pathways that affect health
- identify and discuss the range of physical, biological and environmental determinants that impact on health
- suggest why it is important to the practice of public health that you understand how determinants contribute to health
- understand the complexity of health and illness and the multifaceted role of health determinants
- relate determinants of health to public health activity and realise the need for multisectoral action and multiple approaches when working to improve health
Citation countsare sourced monthly fromand citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science® generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
|Item Type:||Book Chapter|
|Additional Information:||Thomas Tenkate is now at the School of Occupational and Public Health, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada|
|Keywords:||environmental determinants, health determinants|
|Subjects:||Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES (110000) > PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH SERVICES (111700) > Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety (111705)|
Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES (110000) > PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH SERVICES (111700) > Public Health and Health Services not elsewhere classified (111799)
|Divisions:||Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Faculty of Health|
Current > Schools > School of Public Health & Social Work
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 2011 Elsevier Australia|
|Deposited On:||19 Dec 2011 09:01|
|Last Modified:||19 Dec 2011 20:55|
Repository Staff Only: item control page