Beyond "look and Learn": Investigating, implementing and evaluating interative learning strategies for young children in museums
Piscitelli, Barbara, McArdle, Felicity A., & Weier, Katrina L. (1999) Beyond "look and Learn": Investigating, implementing and evaluating interative learning strategies for young children in museums. Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
Beyond Look & Learn: Investigating, implementing and evaluating interactive programs for promoting young children’s learning in museums aims to establish policies and practices which strengthen the potential for young children’s learning in museums by:
* documenting the characteristics of young children as learners in museums;
* identifying social interactions which promote young children’s learning in museums;
* analysing museum policies in relation to young children’s learning; and
* developing strategies for building strong links between museums, schools and families.
* Case studies of young children’s learning in each museum
* Front - end planning for children’s participation in museum exhibitions
* On-site evaluation of visitor response (young children, families, school visitors)
* Policy review
* Training of on-site research and design teams
Citation countsare sourced monthly fromand citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science® generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
Full-text downloadsdisplays the total number of times this work’s files (e.g., a PDF) have been downloaded from QUT ePrints as well as the number of downloads in the previous 365 days. The count includes downloads for all files if a work has more than one.
|Keywords:||Interactive learning strategies, museums, early childhood, interactive programs, research, policy|
|Subjects:||Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > EDUCATION (130000)|
|Divisions:||Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Faculty of Education|
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 1999 (please consult author)|
|Deposited On:||19 Oct 2004|
|Last Modified:||02 Feb 2012 19:44|
Repository Staff Only: item control page