Nonprofits and the GST : don't sign anything until you've read the fine print, (if you can find it to read!)
McGregor-Lowndes, Myles (1998) Nonprofits and the GST : don't sign anything until you've read the fine print, (if you can find it to read!). Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, QLD. [Working Paper]
On 13 August, 1997 Prime Minister Mr Howard announced five principles as a foundation for a Tax Reform Package to revitalise the Australian economy. They were that:
- there should be no overall increase in the overall tax burden;
- any new taxation system should involve major reductions in personal income tax with special regard to the taxation treatment of families;
- consideration should be given to a broad-based indirect tax to replace some or all of the existing indirect taxes;
- there would be appropriate compensation for those deserving of special consideration; and
- reform of Commonwealth-State financial relations must be addressed...
Impact and interest:
Citation countsare sourced monthly fromand citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science® generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
Full-text downloadsdisplays the total number of times this work’s files (e.g., a PDF) have been downloaded from QUT ePrints as well as the number of downloads in the previous 365 days. The count includes downloads for all files if a work has more than one.
|Item Type:||Working Paper|
|Keywords:||Tax Reform Package, taxation and social reforms|
|Subjects:||Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > COMMERCE MANAGEMENT TOURISM AND SERVICES (150000) > ACCOUNTING AUDITING AND ACCOUNTABILITY (150100) > Taxation Accounting (150107)|
|Divisions:||Current > Research Centres > Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies|
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 1998 Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies|
|Deposited On:||03 Sep 2012 09:09|
|Last Modified:||26 Sep 2013 11:17|
Repository Staff Only: item control page