Mastering medical terminology : Australia and New Zealand
|Draft Version (PDF 13MB) |
Mastering Medical Terminology: Australia and New Zealand is medical terminology book of relevance to an audience in Australia and New Zealand. Australian terminology, perspectives, examples and spelling have been included and Australian pronunciation specified.
The textbook is accompanied by a self-help workbook, an online workbook and a Smartphone app.
Throughout Mastering Medical Terminology, review of medical terminology as it is used in clinical practice is highlighted. Features of the textbook, workbook and electronic product include:
• Simple, non-technical explanations of medical terms
• Workbook format with ample spaces to write answers
• Explanations of clinical procedures, laboratory tests and abbreviations used in Australian clinical practice, as they apply to each body system and speciality area
• Pronunciation of terms and spaces to write meanings of terms
• Practical applications sections
• Exercises that test understanding of terminology as students work through the text chapter by chapter
• Review activities that pull together terminology to help students study
• Comprehensive glossary and appendices for reference
• Links to other useful references, such as websites and textbooks.
Citation countsare sourced monthly fromand citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
|Keywords:||medical terminology, language of medicine|
|Subjects:||Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES (110000) > PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH SERVICES (111700) > Public Health and Health Services not elsewhere classified (111799)|
Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification > MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES (110000) > OTHER MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES (119900) > Medical and Health Sciences not elsewhere classified (119999)
|Divisions:||Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Faculty of Health|
Current > Research Centres > National Centre for Health Information Research & Training
Current > Schools > School of Public Health & Social Work
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 2012 Elsevier Australia|
|Deposited On:||07 Nov 2012 09:39|
|Last Modified:||27 Dec 2012 10:24|
Repository Staff Only: item control page