Promoting : Programs for and challenges of the knowledge-based small business
Imukaka, Joan K., Bajracharya, Bhishna, Too, Linda, & Hearn, Gregory N. (2012) Promoting : Programs for and challenges of the knowledge-based small business. In Yigitcanlar, Tan, Metaxiotis, Kostas, & Carrillo, Francisco Javier (Eds.) Building Prosperous Knowledge Cities : Policies, Plans and Metrics. Edward Elgar Publishing, United Kingdom, pp. 228-240.
Impact and interest:
Citation counts are sourced monthly from and citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science® generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
|Item Type:||Book Chapter|
This unique book reveals the procedural aspects of knowledge-based urban planning, development and assessment. Concentrating on major knowledge city building processes, and providing state-of-the-art experiences and perspectives, this important compendium explores innovative models, approaches and lessons learnt from a number of key case studies across the world.
Many cities worldwide, in order to brand themselves as knowledge cities, have undergone major transformations in the 21st century. This book provides a thorough understanding of these transformations and the key issues in building prosperous knowledge cities by focusing particularly on the policy-making, planning process and performance assessment aspects. The contributors reveal theoretical and conceptual foundations of knowledge cities and their development approach of knowledge-based urban development. They present best-practice examples from a number of key case studies across the globe.
This important book provides readers with a thorough understanding of the key issues in planning and developing prosperous knowledge cities of the knowledge economy era, which will prove invaluable to national, state/regional and city governments’ planning and development departments. Academics, postgraduate and undergraduate students of regional and urban studies will also find this path-breaking book an intriguing read.
PART I: POLICIES FOR BUILDING PROSPEROUS KNOWLEDGE CITIES
2. Creating: The Creative-class Based Knowledge City Models of Denmark
3. Organizing: Spontaneously Developed Urban Technology Precincts
4. Globalizing: What Makes Australian Information Technology Industry Companies Go Global?
5. Attracting: The Coffeeless Urban Café and the Attraction of Urban Space
6. Researching: Key Factors for the Success of Knowledge Cities in Germany
7. Participating: Knowledge Citizens’ Competences and Knowledge City Transformation
PART II: PLANS FOR BUILDING PROSPEROUS KNOWLEDGE CITIES
9. Formulating: An Integrated Strategy for the Development of Knowledge Cities
10. Designing: Combining Design and High-tech Industries in the Knowledge City of Eindhoven
11. Clustering: Concentration of the Knowledge-based Economy in Sydney
12. Connecting: Community Supported Universities for Knowledge City Transformation
13. Promoting: Programs for and Challenges of the Knowledge-based Small Business
14. Enterprising: Academics, Knowledge Capital and Towards PASCAL Universities
15. Transforming: Turning Knowledge Cities into a Knowledge Region
PART III: METRICS FOR BUILDING PROSPEROUS KNOWLEDGE CITIES
17. Measuring: Knowledge-based Development Metrics, Evolution and Perspectives
18. Comparing: Knowledge-based Urban Development of Vancouver, Melbourne, Manchester and Boston
19. Benchmarking: Knowledge-based Development Metrics through the MAKCi Exercise
|Divisions:||Current > Schools > School of Civil Engineering & Built Environment
Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Creative Industries Faculty
Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Science & Engineering Faculty
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 2013 Edward Elgar|
|Deposited On:||21 May 2013 22:58|
|Last Modified:||20 Aug 2016 16:07|
Repository Staff Only: item control page