Dept of Public Works
The Department of Public Works is the Queensland Government’s lead agency in the areas of:
- Facility asset management and procurement including government accommodation management, building consultancy, building construction, maintenance, security and horticultural and cleaning services;
- Procurement policy and services;
- Records and document management;
- Management of the State’s permanent public records;
- Information and communication technology;
- The integrity of the State’s racing industry;
- Vehicle fleet management;
- Government printing; and
- Sale and distribution of office and educational supplies.
The Department also has significant input into disaster management across the State.
Based in Brisbane, QUT is a top Australian university with global connections and a reputation for quality undergraduate and postgraduate courses, a wide range of studies and applied research best suited to the needs of industry and the community.
Built Environment and Engineering is a faculty committed to renewal, and recognised globally for the strength and relevance of its integrated disciplines. By engaging with our stakeholders we ensure an outward focus and meet the needs of society through responsiveness and a culture of continuous improvement.
The Faculty structure reflects contemporary practice in industry and allows for stronger collaboration and integration across our disciplines through an integrated approach to teaching, research, applied research and consultancy. Our focus continues to be on real-world issues and activities, and in particular we encourage a trans disciplinary approach in all our activities.
Australasian CRC for Interaction Design Pty Ltd (ACID) is an incorporated company. Our core business is R&D, and commercialisation of content and technologies for the Creative Industries; comprising of game development, digital art, performing and visual arts, design, film, television and multimedia sectors.
ACID is an Australian Government funded Cooperative Research Centre [CRC]. An initiative of the Department of Education Science and Training, the CRC Programme was established to improve the effectiveness of Australia's R & D efforts by linking researchers with industry.