Children who are homeless with their family: A literature review
This literature review was commissioned by the Commissioner for Children and Young People Western Australia to provide an overview of the issues affecting the wellbeing of children who are homeless with their families. This review outlines the scholarly evidence in relation to the following issues.
• The causes and extent of children’s homelessness in Western Australia (and Australia), including pathways leading to family homelessness;
• The impact of homelessness on children’s near-term and long-term wellbeing;
• The service and support needs of children and families at risk of or experiencing homelessness;
• Strategic approaches and systems for providing services to children and families;
• Successful programs that are evidence-based and have been evaluated to show positive effects on children’s wellbeing (particularly programs replicated in multiple jurisdictions or applied across diverse population groups);
• Children’s own views and experiences of homelessness and support services (particularly direct consultations with children), and;
• Gaps in knowledge.
Impact and interest:
Citation counts are sourced monthly from and citation databases.
These databases contain citations from different subsets of available publications and different time periods and thus the citation count from each is usually different. Some works are not in either database and no count is displayed. Scopus includes citations from articles published in 1996 onwards, and Web of Science® generally from 1980 onwards.
Citations counts from theindexing service can be viewed at the linked Google Scholar™ search.
Full-text downloads displays the total number of times this work’s files (e.g., a PDF) have been downloaded from QUT ePrints as well as the number of downloads in the previous 365 days. The count includes downloads for all files if a work has more than one.
|Keywords:||homelessness, children, Western Australia|
|Divisions:||Current > Research Centres > Children & Youth Research Centre
Current > QUT Faculties and Divisions > Faculty of Education
|Copyright Owner:||Copyright 2015 Commissioner for Children and Young People Western Australia|
|Deposited On:||13 May 2015 04:46|
|Last Modified:||13 May 2015 04:48|
Repository Staff Only: item control page